Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Craversions

Zyg, you’ve put me in quite the pickle (food pun intended). On one hand, I want to feed you all the best lentils, kimchi and veggies; on the otherhand, you want none of it - all you want are sweets/all I want are sweets!

The aversions (as are far more apparent than cravings) began yesterday. Your father had taken everything (apples) with him to the BWCA. I had prepared all sorts of healthy, savory foods for the week, most of which will just sit in the fridge.

This left me with raspberries and ice cream to eat. When life gives you raspberries and ice cream, you make a fruit shake! It was delicious, and naughty and provided none of the support I want to give you.

Today was a little better - aussie bites, tomatoes, red peppers and lentils. It’s not easy to meal prep for you when I don’t know what you will crave at the next turn. My only goal, get enough nutrition in you to get you to the nine month hurdle. Wish me luck/start craving veggies please!

Regardless of the goofiness that you already possess, I appreciate your presence. I love the aversions. I love the burps, the unquenchable thirst, how you’ve thrown my emotions and my PH for a whirl. I love them, because it tells me you are here/there/still needy. Please don’t stop needing my nutrients until after Mother’s Day (due date) or shortly before ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment