Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Like a Hummingbird

Yesterday was the day I had been waiting for since those lovely two lines showed my hormone levels two months ago. Being terrified that something had happened to you, or that my body was just making up this pregnancy, I wasn't sure if you were really in there… until yesterday.

Your father and I met with our nurse-midwife, Amy. It was a great appointment filled with questions and giddy laughter. My two months of nerves were quickly eased by the high-tech stethoscope that could detect you way down in there. It was a speedy 165bpm. Erik said you sounded like a hummingbird (**female name). I just loved hearing yours on top of my pokey beat. You are so small, and your tiny heart is working so hard. It makes me want to give you every advantage possible! 

Thank you for being in there, for making such progress (you’re a kumquat at 10.5 weeks), and for already filling me with so much joy and love. I can wait to meet you, I can wait for you to incubate to your full potential. 

No comments:

Post a Comment