Monday, May 2, 2016

May Baby

When we woke up yesterday, your dad said, "looks like we won't be having an April baby." And it's true! You are a Taurus, a May baby no matter what now (I'd be induced no later than May 21st). Speaking of your birthday, would you like to give us a little warning as to when that would be? We are sitting at a very health 39 weeks now, and you are welcome to come into this world any time. I have been very patiently waiting for the almost ten months. Now, I can finally say things like, "I can't wait!" For the longest time, I could wait, I could wait for you to fully develop, because I didn't want you to start off struggling. You are big and strong and fat and fully developed now, so go ahead and start throwing those really painful contractions my way, OK?

Last week, on our way home from visiting your friend Sloane, and your uncle Jared, you were shifting around like crazy, very different shifting. When we finally got out of the car, I could tell you had dropped. This week's doctor appointment, the midwife said that you head was deep down. I was 1cm dilated and my cervix was medium (neither mean a whole lot, besides the ball has started rolling). I also lost part of my mucus plug on Saturday morning. It could still be another three weeks till we get to meet you though. Please don't make me wait that long!

Saturday, besides losing my plug, was a big day. Your uncle Jared and aunt Heather announced that they will be having a baby BOY, Mason Henry Hinkel. Little do you know right now, that nugget of a man will be your best friend and you will grow up together. I've talked about it before, but it's even more real now.

As with everything these days, I question if this will be "my last", my last post to you while you are in my belly. This morning I shaved my legs and painted my toe nails. Will those be the last times I do that before you are here? Although, I look forward to doing both of those when you're hear rather than reaching around you all the time. You dad and I killed it on our chores list this weekend, thinking the whole time, will this be the last time I vacuum without you strapped to my chest, etc. The answer is that only you know. Only you know what gender you are, and when you will finally pay us a visit. Go easy on me on your way out, would ya? ;)

I hope this is my last post...

No comments:

Post a Comment